Alectris Privacy and Cookies Policy
Your privacy is very important to us; accordingly, we have developed this policy in order for you to understand how we collect, use, communicate and disclose and make use of personal information. Please read this policy carefully, along with our Terms and Conditions.
Who Are We?
Alectris is a service provider for renewable energy assets. Along with the services we provide software solutions as well as various products aiming to improve the operation of renewable energy assets.
Information We Collect
Alectris collects information about you when you contact us via the forms in our website. We also collect information when you voluntarily contact one of our employees through email, phone or other communication resources.
What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kind of personal data:
- Information you provide us, including your first name, last name, company and work email address.
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of our sites (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- Any other information that you choose to send us (which may include your name, address, telephone number and/or email address, company name) (including, for example, information provided as part of events bookings, or in response to a job vacancy, which may include references, or simply information provided in email correspondence).
What We Do with The Information We Gather
We gather this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may periodically send promotional emails about news of Alectris or other information which we think may be of interest to you, using the email address provided by you.
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to improve our products and services as per your requirements and interests.
- Process job applications
- Personal information of an applicant will be deleted after 12 months of inactivity.
- Alectris may analyze your personal information to create a customized profile in order to contact you with only the information that is relevant to you. We may use data from external sources when it is available, in order to customize your profile more effectively.
- To provide our services and operate our Business to meet your needs
- We may use your information to operate our business, including providing services you requested, provide you with support related to our services, and to help us protect our services, including to combat fraud and protect your data.
Third Party Service Integration
We may share your information, including personal information and usage data, with third party service providers who perform various functions to enable us to provide our services and help us operate our business, such as website design, sending email communications, fraud detection and prevention, customer care, or performing analytics. The contracts with these third parties require them to maintain confidential of the personal information we provide to them, only act on our behalf and under our instructions, and not use this personal information for purposes other than the product or service they are providing to us or on our behalf.
Alectris may share your information with courts, law enforcement agencies, or other government bodies when we have a good faith belief we are required or permitted to do so by law, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, to protect our company, or to respond to a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other law enforcement request.
Transferring Data Outside Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time-to-time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have data protection laws similar to the European Union. By submitting your personal data, you are agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
Cookies are small files stored via your web browser onto the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. They are used for several different reasons, such as:
- Storing your preferences
- Analytics on website engagement
Cookies are completely secure and never used to identify you directly or to retrieve passwords.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can however obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
- http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
Which Cookies Does Alectris Use?
- Analytics cookie
- Registers each visitor’s number of visits, the start and end time of the visit and which site the visitor arrives from.
- Social Buttons – Social cookie
- The social buttons at the bottom of the sites add cookies from LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+ and Twitter. These cookies are used by those sites.
- Marketing Automation
- The marketing automation platform that we use it tracks information relative to campaigns that we send. It tracks only indirect information about you that can not be used to identify or contact you directly unless you have also filled out a form on our website.
- This is our CRM platform, it tracks forms that are submitted on our website and stores information based on your form submission.
We are committed to ensure that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Upon request, the Data Protection Officer at Alectris (email@example.com) would be happy to provide you with information as to whether – and if so, which – personal data we store in relation to you. Should your personal data be incorrect, you may have this rectified immediately. Any such information or modification is free of charge.
As for your rights, you are entitled to revoke your consent to use your personal data in the future, in whole or in parts. Should you desire to do so, we will delete or block your relevant data. In order to assert such rights, please contact the Data Protection Officer.
Please feel free to direct any questions, comments, or complaints regarding this privacy statement to the Data Protection Officer at Alectris.