Software Business Development Manager
Location: San Francisco, Bay Area, CA
Identify, prospect and sell into clients within the designated territories, specifically including the following activities and responsibilities:
- Actively prospect through cold calling and social selling
- Actively maintain account, contact and opportunity details within CRM
- Prepare responses to RFI’s, RFP’s and tenders
- Undertake all necessary customer engagements as required to complete sales opportunities including:
- Client phone calls
- Client meetings
- Needs Analysis discussions / workshops
- Proposal writing
- Technical and company presentations and demonstrations
- Live demos and presentation of ACTIS solar ERP as well as initial training to acquired customers
- Price and Scope negotiations
- Contract establishment including appropriate records management.
- Invoice and order raising.
To work with marketing to develop specific campaigns to drive customer / prospect engagement.
To research, propose and attend trade shows and conferences as required.
To actively work with marketing to develop specific market and industry materials.
The successful applicant will display the following;
- Proven record in selling enterprise software solutions to a wide range of industries.
- Extensive experience in the solar and generally renewables market with very good understanding of customers’ needs and challenges
- A comprehensive understanding of sales techniques and marketing principles.
- Experience in Information Technology, Software Solutions
- Qualifications and/or training in sales and marketing essentials
- An understanding of IT with experience in selling software at the enterprise level, preferably with Software as a Service exposure.
- Highly motivated with the ability to take initiative when working alone; takes a structured approach with the ability to develop a plan of attack for researching and identifying industries and organizations to target.
- Previous experience using Microsoft Dynamics CRM would be advantageous
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills to a high business and technical level.
- Confident presentation skills.
- High level of integrity.
- Proven time management skills, with ability to self manage and prioritize workloads.
- Ability to set and execute both long and short term goals both individually and in a team.
- Some travel (mainly domestic) may be required (trade shows and clients).
Solar Software Sales Associate
Location: San Francisco, Bay Area, CA
The Sales Specialist Position is a combination of Pre and Post Sales activities. In the pre-sales role we are looking for a self-motivated junior person that generates, qualifies and help with proposals. In a post-sales role the person would be responsible for managing project implementation activities.
Reporting to the Country Manager or a business line manager responsible for the sales team.
Pre Sales Job Responsibilities
- Generating leads and turning them into opportunities for sales.
- Contacting potential customers via telephone, email and face to face.
- Arranging meetings with prospects in order to demonstrate products.
- Working closely with the sales team on proposals and pitches for business.
- Identifying opportunities for new business within the market.
- Working closely with other departments and finding opportunities to cross sell.
- Paying attention to competitors and their activities within the industry.
- Attending meetings with business development managers and acting as a technical expert.
- Putting together business cases for the sales teams to support their proposals.
- Working closely and collaboratively with customers to devise effective solutions.
- Ensuring that the company’s product can deliver on the customer’s requirements.
- Working closely with customers to understand and capture requirements.
- Replying to customers following requests for information and proposal requests.
- Presenting proposals to customers alongside members of the sales team.
- Providing ongoing support for customers post implementation.
- producing detailed costings for customers and ensuring the contract is profitable.
Post Sales Job Responsibilities
- Manages the implementation of projects and customers closed by the sales team supported, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact on team productivity and profit, and customer satisfaction, or as directed by the sales manager.
- Proactively assesses solution specifications in light of changing customer requirements and recommends solution changes that optimize value for both the customer and the firm.
- Continually gauges customer satisfaction among key customer project stakeholders.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales, sales support, and service resources by communicating project status and success metrics.
- Provides coaching and professional development to team member sales associates in order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Opportunistically pursues additional business development opportunities within customer firms, over and above required add-on selling expectations. Collaborates with sales to ensure these opportunities are effectively covered and advanced.
- Monitors customer support for technical solutions implemented and alerts the sales and account teams to potential customer satisfaction threats or competitor activity.
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution
- Previous experience working within a technical sales position.
- Must be a subject matter expert with exposure to software systems experience.
- An ability to communicate technical information to non-technical staff in a way that is easy to understand.
- A record of achievement and technical solution expertise in a comparable sales role.
- Previous experience working for a competitor in a similar position would be a strong advantage.
- Proven ability to drive sales and generate new business.
- relevant industry experience ideally gained from a competitor business.
- Confident and experienced negotiator able to drive revenue.
- Ambitious and driven personality with a hunger for success.
Send Your Resumé | CV
If you are interested in any of the positions noted above, please submit your resumé/CV via the following form. Thank you for your interest! We look forward to hearing from you.
Share This Page